Our debt counseling and bankruptcy practice is an integral part of our firm.
We provide legal counsel to both individuals and businesses in financial distress. We also provide legal counsel to debtors and creditors, of various sizes and industries, in matters involving bankruptcy litigation, distressed business acquisitions, and other bankruptcy-related issues.
Among the debt counseling and bankruptcy issues we address are:
- Deciding whether to restructure or liquidate a business in an orderly manner
- Analyzing whether bankruptcy is required or whether the affairs of a business can be wound down without resorting to bankruptcy
- Resolving, by litigation if necessary, issues related to personal guarantees signed by business owners and/or their spouses
- Filing bankruptcy proceedings
- Representing creditors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Litigating bankruptcy causes of action, including preference and fraudulent conveyance actions